Monday, February 28, 2011

A Simple Window

I bought this window at an antique store a few years ago, for $5.  I was really excited about hanging it in my bedroom, but after decorating it several times, I was not happy with how it looked.  This weekend, I decided to start over...


Have you noticed the new trend in home decorating magazines, where they hang a picture on the outside of glass bookcase or china hutch?  I kind of liked how it looked, so I decided to try it on the window.  The sign is hung from fishing line.

I really didn't know what else I wanted to do to the window, so I started looking around the house for something I already had.   I spied a rose garland on the top of my bedroom armoire, so I decided to try that on the window frame, (I have roses on my bedspread and on my wallpaper border.)





I tacked the garland up with thumbtacks and when I stepped back to look at it, I loved how it looked!  It is the perfect background for my grandpa's violin.

Come back tomorrow for an easy chore chart idea!  I love it because you can see at a glance what jobs are done!

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment