Friday, February 25, 2011

The Coffee Table Dilemma

I have coffee table in my family room that I love.  A few years ago, I bought a candle holder to decorate the table, and I change it seasonally.

I love how it adds color to the room, but there is one problem....every time the kids want to play a game or do homework, they move the candle holder.  Two days ago, my youngest son was moving it, and he broke one of the votive holders.  I spent a lot of time in town trying to match the glass, but couldn't find anything EXACTLY the same.  I have been reading lately about trays and how they can contain a cute setting on a table, and then be moved quickly with everything in tact; I decided to try it.

I bought this tray at Wal Mart for $8.  I added a vase, the little birds and some flowers that were floating around the house.  I am so happy with how it turned out!


It worked so well, that I found another tray to put my dining room decorations on, since we also move them EVERYDAY.



The candle holder was relegated to the top of the wood stove...maybe a little prematurely, since it is blizzarding outside today...but doesn't it look cute?



See you Monday with some more ideas....
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment