Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss


Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss, (and Happy Birthday to Carly, and Josie too!!!)

Dr. Seuss' real name was Theodor Seuss Geisel.  He was born on March 2, 1904 in Springfield Massachusetts.  He published many books for children, and some of them were made into movies.  He credits his mother for teaching him to rhyme.  Click here to read more about him.



"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a
 necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life
 through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and
 that enables you to laugh at life's realities.''
      -Dr. Seuss

Here are some cute ideas for celebrating the birthday of Dr. Seuss.....

1.  Make a tall hat  (click here to see more cute ideas, like the Sam I Am book.)
2.  Eat green eggs and ham!  I read about many ways to do this, but the easiest one was to add green food coloring to scrambled eggs, and to paint ham slices with green food coloring and water before warming them up!  I also wondered about green deviled eggs.....
3. Play a game at www.seussville.com    Click here!  It was pretty busy last night, so you may need to try it on another day.  It has a lot of interactive things to do.
4.  Best of all....read a book written by Dr. Seuss or watch a movie made from one of his books.
Have a Happy Day and remember...

Note...I will post about job charts tomorrow!  I just got ahead of myself!
Note...I found  a cheap version of the potato bags, (see Will spring really come? posting), at LTD Commodities.  Here is the direct link.  Type "patio planters" in the search box.  They are only $6.95 for 3!!!


Debbie




No comments:

Post a Comment