Thursday, February 24, 2011

Will spring really come?

I always become restless this time of year, wondering if the winter weather will really abate and spring will come.  Yesterday I stopped in at the local mom and pop store to pick up milk and bread, and they had Easter candy out!  I commented to the saleslady that putting out Easter candy in the middle of a blizzard was an act of faith....someone was sure that spring would come.

I have been dreaming about flowers and vegetable gardens and green grass and sunshine.



When I got home, I picked up the mail, and there was a copy of The Gardener's Supply Company magazine in my mailbox....I sat down and looked through the entire thing!

They had so many innovative ideas!  Much of the magazine dealt with building grow boxes, but they also had these amazing  bags for growing potatoes, potatoes, peppers, etc.  Think movable grow boxes.  The description says...
"With Grow Bags you can grow veggies in any sunny spot...They're made of patented, double-layer polypropylene fabric that breathes to reduce heat build-up and provide excellent drainage."  You just fill them with soil, add the plant and voila!  The potato bag is very cool, in that you just dump the soil out potatoes and all when the season is over.  See How to Grow Potatoes in a Bag


Happy dreaming of spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment