Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Little Bit of Spring...Inside

My house has been the same colors forever....neutral colors, with accents of pink, blue. A year or two ago, I bought a sage green couch and began changing my accent colors to green and a brick red. I have LOVED the colors, but my kitchen was the same old colors:pink and blue.
I was looking for a piece of fabric to jazz up my kitchen window, and I fell in love with this floral print at JoAnn Fabrics. (They were having a great sale--50% off their home decorating fabric), so... I made this valance. (My husband thinks it looks like material you would find in a camp trailer, but what does he know!) I cut the fabric 2 times the width of the window and the length I wanted. Then I folded it in half the long way and cut the arch, (I really just winged it.) I cut a second piece out of lining material, sewed the two of them together, added a casing, and in less than 30 minutes I was done.
I love how the colors in the valance match my grandma's antique turkey platter and cookie jar, that sit on top of my kitchen cabinets.
Here is another view...
And another...
I even found these aqua utensils at Shopko, on their Dollar Days sale. They matched everything perfectly.


Every time I look at my kitchen window, it makes me smile--it is a little bit of springtime...inside!

Happy first week of spring!
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment